Last Updated: May 19, 2014
WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We gather two basic types of information through the Site: “Personally Identifiable Information” (or “PII”) and “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” (or “Non-PII”).
Personally Identifiable Information identifies a person as an individual. You do not have to provide PII to use the Site, but we may ask that you do so in order to provide you with certain Site functionality and to further assist you once you reach out to us. The information we ask for may include your name, postal address, telephone number and e-mail address.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
Settle Meyer Law does not use a third-party data collection service when you are asked to enter information through the Site.
In operating the Site, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide directly to us by filing in forms on our Site (for example, to contact us, you must provide your name and e-mail address).
- Information that you provide to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT?
Personally Identifiable Information. We may use PII to communicate directly with you when you first provide us with such information.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Non-PII does not personally identify you. Accordingly, we may use this information and share it with third parties for any purpose. We may combine Non-PII with PII, such as combining your geographic location with your name, but if we do this the information will be treated by us as PII for so long as it is combined. We may aggregate PII such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site.
Legal Requirements. We may use PII and Non-PII for any purpose required or permitted by the law of any country.
HOW DO WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION?
We may disclose PII as follows:
- Third parties who provide services to us, so that they can provide the services, such as data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, e-mail delivery services and other similar services.
- To a third party if we reorganize, merge, sell, assign, transfer or dispose of all or any part of our business, assets or stock.
- To comply with legal process, to respond to requests from governmental and/or public authorities of any country in which we operate, to enforce our terms and conditions, to protect our operations, to protect your and our rights, privacy, safety or property, and to enable us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
As noted above, because Non-PII does not personally identify you, we reserve the right to share such Non-PII with third parties, for any purpose.
We seek to use reasonable measures to protect PII under our control; however, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send to us any sensitive information via e-mail. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at the contact address given below. If you choose to notify us by physical mail this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem.
If you would like to update PII about you that has been previously provided to us through the Site, you may do so by notifying us at email@example.com. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. We may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. We are not responsible for removing or suppressing information from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared PII about you.
NOTE REGARDING THE USE OF THE SITE BY CHILDREN
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide PII through the Site.